This campaign is exactly what I love about Kickstarter. It is new, innovative, something that would have never in a million years crossed my mind, completely out of the box, and I want it! So what is it? I’ll let them tell you in their own words.
“M A D E is the world’s first online bespoke shoe company that combines traditional craftsmanship with innovative technology. We’re bringing bespoke to the digital age by offering a smartphone 3D foot scanner app, taking orders online, and delivering our shoes to your doorstep.”
That’s right they want you to take pictures of your feet so they can make you a custom fitting pair of shoes. No multiple appointment, no back of the shoe digging into your heel, or pinched toes, the perfect shoe.
This great idea for mainstreaming custom made shoes is only one of the things that makes their campaign my project of the week. Here is a quick list of what this project has going for it.
1. Good Video
- Though the audio in the very beginning is a bit off, its all up hill from there. The video does a good job at informing the viewer about the story behind the product, where the makers started and where they are in the process.
- It also shows you how the technology works and gives examples as to how you as the consumer would use this technology.
- And it really communicates the quality of their product.
- With good visuals, directing, voice over, script, and soundtrack. This video accomplished all of its goals
2. Their Shoes Actually Look Good!
- I think the guys behind this took a lesson from Tesla Motors and Apple. Just because it’s functional doesn’t mean it shouldn’t look awesome!
- For just starting up they have a good set of colors and shapes your shoes can some in. All while still keeping the shoe looking sleek and professional
I am officially calling this the Tesla Motors of shoes. It’s innovative, customizable, practical, quality, and looks fantastic. They currently have $18,331 pledged of $30,000 goal with 24 days to go. I have no doubt they will reach full funding within that time.
If you want to check out their project here’s the link for you: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1833418877/m-a-d-e-tech-x-bespoke/description
That’s all for today. Best of luck MADE I look forward to whatching their campaign grow. If you have any questions or comments your always welcome to put them in comment section.Until next time, Im Zack Applewhite with Betta Games, Have a Magical Day!