Today I’m going to talk about a project I am proud to support: Remembering the Ladies: A Coloring Book
Why I am interested in this project.
Simply put, I love empowered women. (Heck I even married one) And I believe that sharing the bountiful history of American women is important for both our girls and our boys. So when I see a coloring book that is special made to broadcast the history of American women, I have to jump on it.
About The Project. (The Basics)
- The project is run by a very active librarian who has been telling the stories of these women to children through dress up and storytelling.
- The coloring book will include illustrations from a variety of artists
- The women covered in the book include founding mothers, abolitionists, suffragists, politicians, and more.
Where Things Get Interesting.
The creator, Carol Simon Levin, has done an excellent job of making this coloring book unique by adding some of her own special touches.
- The illustrations featured in the coloring book will come from a variety of artists AND are open submission for EVERYONE!
- That’s right, If you or someone you know would like to contribute to the coloring book, she is taking submissions.
- For the details you will have to contact her at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- What’s great about this is that it means the coloring book will contain a variety of art styles, which will allow it to convey different types of emotions and messages in addition to adding a unique coloring experience.
- Each coloring page, will have a short biography, a fascinating fact and a quote by the woman. It will also include suggestions for further reading for kids, teens, and adults and a note where a museum dedicated to her can be found (if one exists).
- What I love about this is how inclusive the book is. Whether you just want to color or if you want to learn as well, the book is open to you
I love this project. It’s smart, empowering, creative, and fun. I myself have backed the project with hopes of helping this book get into the hands of boys and girls across America.
The project currently has $$1,155 pledged of $3,000 goal and 20 days left in the campaign.
- If you would like to find out more or support the project, here are some links to help you out.
- Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tellingherstories/remembering-the-ladies-a-coloring-book/description
- List of women to be featured in the book: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-ExrxeOG9_ERlhnQm9ianhGNUE/view
- Creator’s website: https://tellingherstories.com/
- Creator’s blog: http://carolsimonlevin.blogspot.com/
Thank you for stopping by, and until next time I’m Zack Applewhite with Betta Games wishing you A Magical Day.