This week I want to talk about a wonderful Kickstarter campaign, “Eat∙Purr∙Love (Central OH’s first & one-of-a-kind) Cat Cafe!“. Let’s get down to it.
What The Heck Is A Cat Cafe?
A Cat Cafe, or a “Catfe” as many refer to it is exactly what it sounds like. It’s a cafe…but with cats. The trend started in the international birthplace for weird things, (no not Tim Burton’s imagination), I’m talking about Japan.
After spreading all over Japan, Catfes naturally immigrated to America’s home for weird but brilliant ideas, California and New York. And now finally one will be making its way to Columbus Ohio.
Here are a few fun facts about this particular Catfe to get you acquainted with the general idea.
What Eat-Purr-Love Does.
- All cats will be completely adoptable
- You can do yoga with cats (sounds tricky)
- You can paint with cats (what could go wrong)
- You can buy cat inspired art from local artists…who own cats
- There will be plenty of kids activities
- And there will even be Singles Mixers, for single people who love cats to meet other single people who love cats. (This is with out a doubt one of the most necessary ideas I have ever heard)
- Oh, and there will be coffee and pastries too.
So How Does It Work?
This is a valid question. After all most Americans have never been in or even heard of a Catfe. Here is the gist of the operation.
- You will want to make a reservation.
- They can only have so many people and this isn’t a place for people to just pop in and out of. If your going there, your going there to enjoy your time…which means there will be a line.
- You will sign a waiver.
- Cats are animals, thereby there is a risk of allergy or, in the case of an unwanted lower belly scratch, a few claw marks.
- Review of rules.
- Basically, be nice to the kitties.
- Pay an hourly fee.
- How Eat-Purr-Love has not released just how much this will be, but my guess would be somewhere between $1-$7.
- This is the part where you enjoy being surrounded by cats that want your love
Reasons I’m Going To Try This.
- It helps support the animal shelters and helps find these cats the loving homes they deserve.
- I have a laser pointer I’m not using, and I haven’t created any mayhem in a while.
- Cats have in fact been a proven method of relieving stress.
In truth me and my wife love this idea. We already have a cat of our own and don’t plan to adopt, but we have been wanting a Catfe to come to Ohio since the day we heard of their existence.
Questions I Would Like Answered.
Even with all the information given on the Kickstarter campaign page, I still have a few questions that I would really like answered.
- What exactly is the hourly fee?
- How many people are allowed in the cafe at a time?
- Is there a maximum amount of time you can spend?
- What is the adoption process?
- Can I walk out with one that day or is there a waiting period?
- Where do they keep the litter boxes?
- This is a legitimate question for woman who may be pregnant.
- Will they be selling lint rollers?
I have backed the project myself and hope fully that they reach their funding goal. They currently have $6,829 pledged of a $8,900 goal with only 5 days left in their campaign.
If you would like to support their project here is a link to their Kickstarter page: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/569936254/eatpurrlove-central-ohs-first-and-one-of-a-kind-ca
This post was brought to you in part by my cat, Holly Jolly Christmas Pants, or Holly for short. Who did a very good of making this take twice as long as it should have but also twice as ADORABLE!!!
So what do you think of this project? Have you ever been to a Catfe, or even heard of them? And would you ever go?
Until next time, I’m Zack Applewhite of Betta Games, wishing you a Magical Day!