Recently 17 amazing people backed my project. The project known as The $1 Poem Project. I’ve kept myself from talking about it too much on this blog but now that the campaign is over I think it’s an appropriate time. So here are a few things about the project including what it is, its goal, what I learned from it, etc.
What is/was the $1 Poem Project?
The idea of $1 Poem Project is very simple. You give me $1 and a topic of your choosing. I then write a poem about that topic, and mail it to the address of your choosing. Simple as that. And backers can pay extra for extra stuff like making it a haiku or having it signed…..That’s it.
What was the point?
There were a few reasons I wanted to do this campaign.
- Simply I like writing poetry. I’ve been doing it for a little while and thought this would be a fun challenge.
- I needed more inspiration. And I can say after only working on two of the poems this goal has been achieved. My inspiration for more poetry has sky rocketed since getting the topics.
- I wanted some experience on Kickstarter. The project was run by “Betta Games”, this is my company name, although not officially a company. The main goal for Betta Games is to make it a tabletop game design and production company. Me and a few partners are currently working on these games, but are a year or two from being Kickstarter ready. In the mean time we wanted to really be involved and get to know Kickstarter, and the $1 Poem Project has been a great way of doing that.
What I’ve learned so far.
- People are awesome. On top of great poem topics I’ve received a lot of enthusiasm and encouragement from people all over the world.
- A lot of annoying people want my money. I had no idea how many people/companies there are that claim they
- No one wants a fish’s signature…..but that one’s on me I should have expected that.
- Kindness is returned with kindness. Blogging, sharing, and backing other’s projects and being genuine about it makes people want to return the favor and helps everyone in the long run.
What’s the future of Betta Games and The $1 Poem Project look like?
Well for now I’m focusing on fulfilling the Kickstarter by working on poems. I very well may do this same project again in the future and on different crowd funding sites, after fulfillment of this project is complete. Reason being, that I want to get to know first hand how most of the major crowd funding site work. As for Betta Games, it’s a slow and steady work in progress. We are taking our time to make lots of great quality games that everyone can enjoy.
Well that’s about it. If you have any questions or comments your always welcome to put them in comment section. Until next time, Im Zack Applewhite with Betta Games, Have a Magical Day!